Lunes, Hulyo 15, 2013

Lesson Learned for the Day

Oh what a stressful day....

I have learned things today, and I found out that I really keep on doing the things that I feel I will be needing in the future.

I am not directly concerned about the matter but due to the work chain I am also liable.

I hope these pointers will help you, too:

* If your workmate said "Don't worry, I'm the one who'll handle it", don't believe.

Mostly, this will crash everyone of you. Make plan B and then follow up the next day. Don't just wait until he say, "Hey it's done and everything is alright and settled".

* Always put on note every events and discussion made.

I always do this, but recently there are some discussions that I didn't have the chance to take down and save, like telephone conversation.

Using the Notepad installed in you P.C.'s is very helpful. If you will press "F5" the date and time will appear. For me, as per taking down notes, it is very helpful. I don't have to type it manually, I just press it and automatically date and time will appear. I've learned this when I was still working in a call center. Thank you so much for my Supervisor who taught me the trick.

Really helpful especially if you have forgetful boss ;)

* Protect yourself so that you could protect the history for the benefit not only by yourself

Our boss usually say "You are just protecting yourself! What kind of!". But trust me, protecting yourself by presenting all the EVIDENCES like emails, and your notes. I usually attached the papers from Request for quotation until the Invoices and the email from the customer and my reply so that my boss could just read it and can tell what happened.

* In every request for quotation, include exactly what the customer requested; do not use your own interpretation or you'll might end up getting the wrong one
I'm not the one In-Charge of the quotation but I am connected, since I am the one placing the order, I should know. So, I also need to be keen in checking the customer's P.O. against our quotation.

I hope these could help you, too.

And...also I make sure that my files are all updated. This will help, too.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento